Final Reflection:
What did you learn?
I was really glad that I chose to participate in this PD. It was a great chance to see what has been developed since my graduate days at the University of Houston.  It is also interesting to see what has stayed the same – keeping tabs of file size, what types of files can and cannot be used in certain programs, etc.
I was able incorporate one the lessons – Participation Tools, into a lesson for my Resource class (Fever,1793). I also developed a running chronicle/visual diary of college visitation trips for my youngest son (he wants to attend The University of Texas). I also used Bitmojis to jazz up some of my classroom pages. My students get a laugh, and it breaks the ice when a new topic or skill is introduced.

What’s next?
               What is next is really up in the air. My school is one of many with an uncertain future – staff, administration, etc., may be changing. I’m not sure who I will be working with or where, and I wonder what the restructuring will look like. With the monetary shortfall the city says it has, I wonder what will be cut or eliminated in the technology area – licenses not renewed for one.
I am hoping to use what I have learned and apply that knowledge into my own classes as well as sharing with my colleagues. I hope to get a head start on next year depending on what class (es) I will be in as Consult Teacher or Co-Teacher.
 I had wanted to explore more topics in the next session. Unfortunately, I may have redistribute my time to new requirements and expectations for the new school year.
Did you like learning this way?
               I enjoyed this method of learning in several ways. One, I can pick what hours I chose to work on the assignments. I pick where I want to work, which worked out well when I was on those college visits. I was to pick what topics I was interested in and explore those. I didn’t have to worry about topics I may not ever use or not have the time for now.


Comments

  1. So glad to hear this was a useful workshop that worked out well for you. Good luck with navigating the changes in your district. And in your son's college selection process!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Thing 14: Bitmoji Fun

Thing 3: Photo Fun